*Random thoughts I thought while spending St. Patrick’s Day outside of Éire. Listed for no particular reason in no particular reason. ENJOY*
1. Desire to belt out Amhrán na bhFiann is notably higher than usual.
2. I hope all these peasants can see my authentic St. Patrick’s Day Festival t-shirt – not only have I been in Ireland, I’ve been in a parade too!
3. Why do so many non-Irish people know about St. Patrick’s Day? I only learned last Saturday that last Saturday was St. David’s Day ( Welsh National Holiday). On second thought, maybe this just shows how little I know ¿?
4. Leprechauns? If everyone was a redhead this would be just like home…
5. Y’all just using this as an excuse to sell alcohol, buy alcohol and drink alcohol. I guess somethings are the same everywhere.
6. Wearing plastic shamrock in place of the real thing should be a crime or at the very least a mortal sin. It’s just not okay. Don’t do it.
7. Everyone in Ireland has that one article of green clothing that comes out for the 17th year after year. But you’re not Irish so how and why have you decked yourself in green from head to toe I do not understand.
8. Bonne Fête de la Saint Patrick? I believe you mean LÁ FHÉILE PÁDRAIG SONA DHUIT!
9. This * Traditional Irish Music* is a joke. Where is the fiddle? And the bodhrán?A banjo is not enough. The musicians aren’t even Irish. Humpf!
10. Shout out to na cáiliní ag damsha at the side of the stage. Your jig made the band much more bearable.
11. In 18 years I have never ever seen a hat like that in Ireland. So I wearing it just marks you as an wannabe. But it’s cute, so I’ll allow it 😉
12. Who is Finn Patrick? Why is this hat a thing? Why did I take this hat home??
13. Legend sporting the tri-colour. You are a hero.
Go dtí an chead uair eile,
Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
P.S: Go raibh an-maith ag mo ghrá-thú, Edel (Banríon na hÉireann)